Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blog my return...

Eighteen months ago I zoned out with good reason-to finish "the book." I am happy to report-novel finished. Hand off to my agent was on September 22 and now I wait. I read in a book of Celtic wisdom that it is more difficult to spend a day well-then to write a book. Since I've done the latter, while I wait in the wings, I am focusing on trying to spend my days well, not easy.

The other night I attended a Writer's Guild Meeting and we discussed various publishing options and what is popular with readers. Hands down romance always wins, but not just standard romance, romance with a paranormal twist. Go figure. Someone suggested that my novel, while not romance, definitely deals with the paranormal. I call it, mainstream-paranormal, and everyone laughed. There is no such genre. Well that's how I presented it, genre bending, I said, because mainstream is life and real life deals with the paranormal daily. There are no coincidences, lots of unknowns and plenty of unexplained outcomes.

Blog what you think, feel, hear and say...

Live your day well...otherwise write a book.

Linda

No comments: