Monday, February 8, 2010

Longhand Blog

I am just coming off a longhand weekend, a string of days when writing means paper and pen. A good portion of my world is composed of family time, a welcome and necessary part of my life that forces me into my car, onto a train or maybe a plane. Juggling the life I have with a writer’s life sometimes demands a legal pad and a ballpoint. I welcome these opportunities to write longhand because each time I do I am able to tap into the old me, the one who wrote anywhere, anytime.

The results of this past weekend reflect writing without boundaries. There are notes and sentences in the margins, and arrows denoting add and delete, along with pages of my story is simply the story, the meat, and the content; more paragraphs expanded and lists made. Longhand is a good exercise in creativity; it keeps the writer in me honest.

My inspirational thought of the day: Take all that I have, but not my pen or paper.

Blog what you think, hear and feel.

Have the best day every day…Linda

No comments: