Monday, October 15, 2007

People you meet...

Today I met a man with a rare form of cancer. I'd actually met him several months ago and thought then that I'd never see him again. I was wrong. He came up to me, hand extended and asked about my book. He said, "Is it a movie yet?" Now, why would he remember that? Why when he has so little time left and a brain like mush from all the treatments and medication? I don't know the answer, but he did. Funny how people come onto your path, some for only a few minutes and others for months, years or decades. Each encounter has its own meaning, its own purpose. This stranger came today, a day perhaps when I needed a boost, a reminder of what I'd accomplished and encouragement for the future. Even if his future was bleak, this man made time today to throw light onto my future. If he was another angel, then I say, thank you for today was a Good Day. Moon in Sagittarius offers optimism and a bigger view of the horizon.

Cancer is not about someone else, it is about all of us. October makes us be aware. Fight the fight.

Have the best day every day.

Talk later...
www.kunati.com/linda-merlino/

No comments: